Monday, February 19, 2007

The Beauty of Waiting

Ok, the baby weekly sent me emails almost every week and I usually delete them. Don't ask me why I'll get all these mails k, stupid me to get myself into this. But anyway, just now the email's title was: Childish clothes for your kids. Hmm, interesting subject ehh!

How I agree that children nowadays look so mature, too mature I mean. They do not look their age and I STRONGLY discourage stage-skipping. Shouldn't they be given a chance to make sand castle and play 家家酒?Instead of sweating in the playgrounds, kids are forced to study in air-conditioned tuition rooms. And those left playing are labeled: 'Naughty children who do not study'. Where have all the children gone to, parents?

I remembered myself having a doll when I was young and my dad will talk to the doll like I did. That surely built my confidence of talking to myself... (Maybe I build the habit of talking to myself then?!) I used milk-bottle until pri5. Till now, I still like to sleep on my mum's tummy. My parents sure know the importance of going through life step-by-step. Just last week my dad was just convincing another father that playing in the rain will not necessary fall sick. It wasn't long ago since we've walk the longer route home, in rain.

Fruits plucked before they were given sufficient time to ripe bears the consequences of being too early. If you read RW's PDL, you'll know that in the example of "Gased Tomatoes". Tomatoes are harvested before they are fully ripped and then transported to different destination before Carbon Dioxide gas is used to turn those green tomatoes red. This is to reduce bruises in the mist of shipping them. But it just doesn't feel good knowing that what you put into your mouth isn't a fruit fully ripped when harvested, right?

Same here. Wouldn't you feel bad forcing your child up another level before they grasped the message of their current level fully? Although they weren't given a chance to discover how much they have been over-stretched, but doesn't it hurt you to see them fall straight into their beds after classes and behaved like an working adult? Just because you want them to receive better grades, or have better future? Is this the best way to help them learn what is it to fulfill their purpose in life? I mean, they are indeed your children, no?

Parents, buy childish clothes from Baby-Weekly for your children.

They need the room for thumb-sucking and long wails for toys.

They need breaks from books and pencils too.

They need more of your love than the cane stuffed into the sofas.


I used to proudly declare that I hated waiting. Now, I only dare to timidly wish that God spare me from long waits... I used to not care those who run slower, running a selfish race myself. I used to look-down in those who seem so weak, always falling on the same side. However, seeing how I made others wait slapped me awake at an instance. Shouldn't I patiently wait for people around me too? Like how they've waited for me. I want to learn to enjoy the period of waiting, since there's no short-cut to fulfillment of life's purpose. God takes time to mould. The longer, shouldn't it be more designated?

I don't know who I'm actually writing this to, since I have no parent-readers... Maybe I'm just thankful that I have understanding parents who willingly waited, and still waiting, for me to grow up. I’ll learn parenting skills from you all! (Ahem, as I can see your children are all doing so fine…)

I will grow up one fine day...
And then, it'll be my turn to wait for your slow steps as we stroll in parks.

9 Comments:

At February 19, 2007 9:51 PM, Blogger CL said...

That's my ugliest pair of pants, of coz I'll wear that. You don't worry...

 
At February 20, 2007 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're insane. WHY THE HECK ARE YOU BLOGGING AT 4 SOMETHING IN THE MORNING?!

lol, kidding! (: happy new yr!

 
At February 21, 2007 9:59 AM, Blogger Reson said...

Which pants..? the white one with pokka dots..?....If so, yea I agree....

Waitin is actually a good sort of exercise......exercise for those who lacks paitence....Just remember that God waits for us, even before our birth...and for every single moment, each step we take......so...haha...Jia You Ba!!

 
At February 21, 2007 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if wait'n was an exercise,tt'l b easier 2 bear.bcoz it's nt,bcoz all u cn do is 2 helplessly wait n u can't move,can't do a ting 2 help.n bcoz of tt it's even more suffer'n 2 c time ticks slowly.wait'n surely isn't an exercise.

 
At February 21, 2007 1:53 PM, Blogger CL said...

Jas: Happy New Year to you too!! Found your wallet?! I think we suffer the same illness le huh... Hahaha :D

WJ n WM: I have no comment after writing such a long post about 'Waiting'. But I know God definately uses Waiting to train us.

 
At February 21, 2007 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for people who can't get the point.
The blog title is "The Beauty of Waiting". LOL!

 
At February 21, 2007 3:52 PM, Blogger CL said...

Ya! Hi-5 man... That's exactly what I wanted to bring out at 4 in the morning.
:)

 
At February 21, 2007 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waiting is a beauty, even though it appears to be an ugly duckling. --> weird expression i know. ha.

I've Learnt to Love Waiting! Not bec I've not considered n experienced the process which brought much suffering, frustration, helplessnes, etc... it's simply bec the excitement of witnessing the end result of waiting is irrepressible! Well, it's also a demonstration of faith isn't it?

 
At February 21, 2007 9:29 PM, Blogger CL said...

Exactly...
The end result overwhelms all waiting's sufferings caused. And make the tough period sweet memory!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home