Friday, February 08, 2008

P.S. I love you (I'm still amazed by that joke...)


One of my relative came today. And she told grandma that she had lost faith and didn't know how to pray anymore. Although she goes to church every week but somehow, there isn't inner peace, inner joy and inner love that a Christian should be experiencing anymore. I was in my room doing my P/L and B/S when I overheard the conversation in the living room... So I open the door to peek.

I was thinking grandma will encourage her to tell her worries to God, to pray and let God know all her sorrows. Or if not, pray for her? Or if not, cry with her? Hmm... She did neither. Or should I say, she did otherwise.

When that relative was crying and sharing, grandma suddenly stand up and walk to her room, took out her Bible, and stand in front of her. "When was the last time you read the Bible?" grandma asked. (Before she could even answer...) "When was the last time you sing and praise Lord?" (She stopped crying...) "When was the last time you even care about His presence in your troubled days and remember that He can do something about your life?" (Looked guilty...) "How can you dare say our God left you? How do you know that prayers wouldn't work? How did you blame Him for all the works of men? Don't insult MY GOD, because He is never leaving me as how you described. You left Him." (Started crying again...)

Grandma cried too, as usual. But later, she continue scolding. "I want you to pray now. Tell God you're sorry. Tell God you left Him but you don't want to drift anymore. Tell Him to accept you again." That's why the last thing you would want to do is to accuse grandma's God. She sure wouldn't let you off... Before my relative started praying, grandma still ask her to stop crying! In my heart, I fell in love with grandma all over again!

This reminded me to wake up, and stop asking,
"Why like that?"






Of course, she went back encouraged and refreshed again!


5 Comments:

At February 10, 2008 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weiling : - i teared reading your post. don't think is your powerful use of english that touches me. But is the pic that i first saw before reading your post that touched me and bring back wonderful memories we had during the camp. I am proud to have such an elderly couple that makes "Hua En confirm got talent" so successful. for those who miss it, is too bad and so sad. Was indeed a wonderful performance. After reading your post, i am glad to be able to have your grandma in our church. Very thankful indeed :)

 
At February 11, 2008 9:19 AM, Blogger Fion said...

i read, and left, encouraged and refreshed again.

 
At February 11, 2008 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im nt e oni1jamd in dis confusn.nt oni me botherd abt dis sentimentality.i dun c hw unexpressd fondness=>dear dan reveald 1s.u r alredi@my side,w/o u noe'n.so stop pretend'n,evryting's conspicuous
twm

 
At February 11, 2008 11:54 PM, Blogger CL said...

Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. --Jean Luc Picard

 
At February 14, 2008 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inspiring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home