Friday, April 04, 2008

Seasons change. Life continues.

Beijing 2008 faces protest from Tibet disruptions.

Oprah show is interviewing a 5 months pregnant MAN tomorrow.

Aresenal VS Liverpool result = 1 all. (Badminton terms.)

志丽传道just gave birth to a girl this morning.

Intensive insulin therapy which is a tightly control drug due to reduction of mortality and morbidity in critically ill patients are now allowed out of ICU units.

Saenmango church kids are facing school enrollment test on 25th April.

Lin Gang is going back China for good.

Dad managed to convert an African song into chinese but sounded really dumb -..-
Mum told me if I marry a pastor, she'll pay my policies for me. (Like I really care...)

A Taiwanese tortured his girlfriend one full month leaving 9 fractures 2 years ago and only getting 13 years jail?!


There are so many changes in people's lives each day. Many a times, seeing what others are going through makes me a more grateful person. So what are discouragements? What are unhappiness? What are sadness? They no longer have value when we can choose not to put value in them. Seasons changes, life continues. Oh yes! No matter how you were hurt, bullied, taken advantaged of, life continues!


Choose how you speak. Choose when to rest and when to work. Choose what you see and hear. Choose your focus. Choose where you give your attention to. Choose who you give your heart to. Choose what to hold on to. Choose your source of strength. Choose JESUS!

It's YOUR life afterall.
Choose the best for yourself.
Don't settle for the second best that easily...

I'm learning to choose who I want to be by choosing what comes into my life as much as I can. I'm asked to be liable of things I can, not of those I can't. I've to answer to what I did, not of what others did to me. People who are disheartened looking back at spilt milk, don't look back. Those who are discouraged looking forward at those deadlines and competitions around, don't look forward. Look up. "When you turn your face to the Sun, your shadows fall behind."

Life isn't as bad as you may be thinking.
Sometimes we just have to switch a direction of viewing.

And life will be on your side.


Got around to read people's blogs. And from reading, I can feel their stress in studies. I understand how is it to sit there and try forcing facts into the tiny brain which is already jamming up. Or staring into notes blankly. Or even left behind my peers academically. Oh I have a quote to all the feeling burnt-out/squeezed-dried:

Don't ask what the world needs.
Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
~Howard Thurman~


Sometimes it's a silent prayer that you need to hear your direction. Or reading the Bible before your textbooks. Or encouraging another to be recharged. Or to just be still, to remember your Creator. Your Creator sure has the key to make you come alive.

Turn with me to Hebrew 11:1...

1 Comments:

At April 04, 2008 3:17 AM, Blogger CL said...

Oh, btw... If you are getting mad of not being able to contact me and send smses to my DAD's hp and to BOTH my emails... I'll get a hp tomorrow! At $50 only!!!

And guess what?! This lobang is from my grandma -..-"


(Is the earth still turning?!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home