Monday, September 15, 2008

For all that have been, thanks. For all that will be, yes.

THANK YOU, LORD
Copyright 1972 by Lexicon Music, Inc
Thank you, Lord,for the trials that come my way.
In that way I can grow each day as I let you lead,
And thank you, Lord,for the patience those trials bring.
In that process of growing,I can learn to care.



I thank you, Lord,with each trial I feel inside,
that you're there to help, lead and guide me away from wrong.
'Cause you promised, Lord,that with every testing,
that your way of escaping is easier to bear.



I thank you, Lord,for the victory that growing brings.
In surrender of everything life is so worth while.
And I thank you, Lord, that when everything's put in place,
out in front I can see your face, and it's there you belong.



But it goes against the way I am;
To put my human nature down
and let the Spirit take control of all I do.
'Cause when those trials come,
My human nature shouts the thing to do;
and God's soft prompting can be easily ignored.





However, fear and twisted kind of unwillingness kind of managed to find their way into these chances, and killed all after some time. And I realised today, again, that I still don't want to miss out. You're the faithful One who will finish the good work that You've started in every man.





To live more voluntarily is to live more deliberately, intentionally and purposefully -- in short, it is to live more consciously. We cannot be deliberate when we are distracted from life. We cannot be intentional when we are not paying attention. We cannot be purposeful when we are not being present. ~Duane Elgin~

2 Comments:

At September 15, 2008 10:54 PM, Blogger LQ said...

Thkx for typing out the lyrics!

I love this song! ;)

 
At September 19, 2008 10:18 PM, Blogger CL said...

No problem! Was thinking why she sings the chorus twice only -..- Shouldn't have stop singing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home