Saturday, May 17, 2008

Some ZZzzz thoughts.

Went to a wake of a young father today. Leaving behind his wife with two sons still in primary school. Due to deteriorating health and not wanting to burden his family, he seek death himself. He cannot wait to leave. Or should I say, he could not wait to live a body without illness?

Selfish?
Sympathy?
Irresponsible?
Compassion?

FR showed a picture in newspaper today of a child's head flatten due to China's earthquake. Some refused to leave when death comes knocking. Some send themselves ahead to meet death. Who's left on earth who lives each day as if it was their last?

I'm always a mad girl. Since I was young. I will wake up and sit on my bed imagine grandma pass away, imagine dad died of illness... Then I'll cry. Heh, silly ehh? Now, although I no longer cry imagining they're gone, I will write letters to my future children. I will write to my husband. God knows who... I always uncontrollably move ahead of time. Today, I even did a powerpoint slide of what I would want to say in my funeral. I talked as if I was gone, dead. Hah, crazy ehh?

Teach me how to move with time.

My memory is really bad. But amazingly I can recall all the little and insignificant things that happen, sometimes so vividly to an extend it frightens me. If time permits, I can roll out the weather then, who brushed passed me, and distinctively how I felt that very moment. I can narrate the actual conversation in sequence and know what was the gist of the conversation. Then... I'll be stuck there, in the past.

Teach me how to move with time.

*** *** ***

As I learn to move with time, let me not miss out life.
Let me be able to live now even if I recall past.
Let me be able to live now even when I foresee future.

Because I know, life = now.

2 Comments:

At May 17, 2008 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear CL,

it feels like the world is crumbling down & all that bits hitting hard on the hurting..to see the Si Chuan homeless-ed ppl (truly "homeless" for those whose family members died to protect them) & having been to the wake, to live on is really courage.

How could someone choose to NOT LIVE on when another died to exchange their life for yours!

The living must be so most precious to the deceased. What other more convincing way could say more clearly than that"you must live on & live on well" ? In any case,life is no longer his own since it is exchanged for by another's.

While we can only bring back memories in our heads. What's gd is that as long as one day we're here, we can still cherish the present, now.

btw, i sometimes fast fwd & backward without the time machine in my mind too.. so i share much of your sentiments and i know u aren't really crazy unless u kept dwelling on it
-xueyen

 
At May 19, 2008 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dropping by to say ^ hi ^..xD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home