Monday, June 05, 2006

Spiritually Busy!!

I have sooooo much to digest today. The sermon slaps me on the left cheeks and GDOP slaps me on the right. God is pruning =.=" (He hits hard.)

Sermon was on how to communicate. And the whole sermon was so CL-fitted. Everything that was said were all pointing towards me. Every point made me feel, "Isn't this exactly what I did to so-and-so?" Every point I was like, "Ok, it's all me..." I felt so small. So dirty. So worn out. But somewhere deep in I was so excited that the sermon was talking about just what I needed! :) 500 couples were taken to do a survey. And results showed that on average, they spend only 17MINS out of 178HOURS communicating~ (that's why marrying pastor is always a wise choice, listen to their sermon for coming week and hit a bare 45mins?! HAH.) That was really pathetic. Anyway, the secret to effective communication is to put our partner in pirioty than what we try to bring out. One more soild reminder-slap: Remove outdated price-tags on people. When we make assumptions, we're already in the wrong...

So many more... I may blog more tomorrow?




Now to the GDOP. For those who didn't know this, it's a Global Day Of Prayers for ALL churches in ALL nations. I'm so proud of Christianity!! I feel do honored to be part of this wonderful BIG family~ ^^ Today's highlight:
1. Actually GDOP was to be in the indoor stadium, but was booked. So we had to take the outdoor stadium instead. But guess what?! Half the staduim was filled as 24 thousand people attended and is double the capacity of the indoor stadium! What's more amazing was, the weather. Many would know that yeaterday was a super humid day, but today was so cooling and the thick white clouds blocked us from the heat! Perfect weather I would say. We can't ask for more...
2. Representatives from EFCs and Pentecost and Charismatic churches came, and guess what they do after so many misunderstandings. They repent. They speak face to face to each other, on stage, saying all the evil thoughts and evil hearts we've once beared. They both ask for forgiveness from each other for all the hurts and divisions they've caused. What they did later was more touching. They washed each other's feet! On stage! And after they did, they blessed each other. Isn't this going back to the basic?! Jesus did that~ I love that...
3. We have to be single-minded. (Will talk about this more... No worries!)

We all sweat like what. So sticky and crowded. But so Spiritually Busy~
Lord, may all that was taught by you be remembered and those not be forgotten.
And let the closeness of You not come from the music, but YOU.

I still have so much to say!!! I'll be back~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home