Thursday, September 21, 2006

Stay firm!

Think my previous post is abit dumb, so deleted it... Anyway I was deeply encouraged by His word. I heard Jesus through RW's sharing. I see Jesus in RW. Btw, I don't worship God like I admire RW, like I was accused of in the past. But can you deny that you've never once been transformed by his book? Bet you can't if you've read his books.

"Most healthy, large churches are led by a pastor who has been there a long time. Long pastorates make deep, trusting, caring relationships possible. Without those kinds of relationships, a pastor won't accomplish much of lasting value."

This para really jammed my thoughts. This bothers me. What is going to happen to Charis then? Who will come from within after this generation? Now, not many seems to worry about this issue, maybe coz it may seem still far to think of my dad's retirement? I think otherwise. You may say, "God will provide what's needed." But does it mean that we do not imagine future Charis? Don't we care who will pastor Charis next? Will he be able to do a good job? Won't we keep a look out for our church? As I was looking through the church list, I made a silent prayer that I didn't catch myself doing as well... (At this holy moment, Mel's sms about LX's missing wallet and hp disturbed my thinking -.-") But it didn't bother my passion. My fire that's burning inside as I see my dad nurture the church. I realised that I too, want to be that privilege someone to be involved in what God's doing among His people. To be THAT INVOLVED as well.

I spend part of my childhood hearing meetings my parents hold, using phrases, lines, quotes so familiar. I see my how my dad, my mum serve. I see how my pastor aunties and uncles serve. I see other dad's friends serve as pastors. And I grew deep love for pastors. As I grow up, I love being around with them more. I get to watch what they draw on papers to describe, hear what they worry about and see their concrete plans for their churches. Sometimes I get to see their tears, hear they sorrows, feel their joy. As I grow even older, I hurt with them as they hurt. I feel the joy when they are encouraged. RW said, "Those pastors who have to farm, work outside their pastoral job because church isn't big enough to give them full salary are Heros of faith, in my view." In my view, they are Jesus. Jesus in this generation. I see Jesus in them.

Before He sends any messages to my heart and break my "ideal-future", I'll stay faithful to what I'm doing now. I want to love more.

Loving more doesn't mean accepting more sins, but leasing more forgiveness.
Loving doesn't mean covering wounds, but healing them in a painful way.
I want love.

Where there's love, it's the best method of leadership anyone can have. You know why? Coz 1Cor 13:8 says "Love never fails". And as long as I minister out of love, I can never be considered a failure.


Friends, instead of trying to find love, why not try loving? It's easier to love than to be loved. Hah. And you know what's the return for loving? Be loved. Well, maybe not that special someone you have in mind, but by our gracious Lord. But imagine He treats you specially like He treats Peter, James and John out of the rest of His disciples? That's far more important than anything else that can happen this lifetime... To hear Him say,

"Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little time; I will set you over much. Now, enter into the joy of your master!"


1 Comments:

At September 25, 2006 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home