Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Hanging in mid-air, still.

I hope all was well yesterday for the people who went street evangelism. Today's a rest day for me. Sick. HAI-YO-YO. But anyway can have the whole day to think, think and think! HAH. And so people can stop thinking that I don't face myself. Well, definately not "didn't" but just "not enough"?? BLAH. But I'll try to. Hmmm... Since can't go out with Grace, Rene and Liqi to do my pedicure, I'll stay at home and think more for 0203.


Yesterday night, I figured out something.
Something I've been wondering about.
"Why God loves to keep people Waiting"?
Here are 3 explainations:

Ever wanted something you are not ready for?
Imagine a baby who hasn't learn to write but demands a pencilbox. A youth who hasn't get his lisense wants a car of his own. Are they reasonable? If you can afford what they requested, would you give them? It's also the same that although He can afford everything we ask for, but He wouldn't provide until we are ready to own them. However, as much as I can reason out from my tiny brain, there are two more reasons why God loves to keep people waiting.

Ever wanted something you haven't earn enough for?
This is another reason. You may say it overlaps with the first reason but somehow I feel that it's a branched out issue. Not ready is waiting for time to pass, waiting for life experiences to be accumulated. But this second cause of waiting is that we haven't earn enough for what we wanted. For a person who has gotten his car lisense have to first save up to buy the car he wanted! That's the reason he's waiting. Not because he don't qualify for that car, but that he still hasn't put in enough effort to deserve it. We cannot want something of the best without having to make some sacrifices. So when God can't bear to see us with the second best in life, He wants us to wait. And hopes that we can make it through to earn enough for the best He prepared.

Lastly, He wants to test our faithfulness in what we look for.
The longer you wait for something you request for something you long for, the more you'll cherish when you finally have it. Sadly, that's how humans work. Too bad. So that's why He keeps us waiting and waiting, to test if we are really committed to having what we claimed we want. And along this wait, some of our actual "wants and needs" surface. And some of us finally realise 2-3yrs later that we actually don't need that car, or that actually hot pink cars are not that nice anyway... After that wait, we understand ourselves better! Sometimes after the wait will we become conscious that we truly can't do without it.


So, no matter what, I believe in waiting. And the best never comes without waiting. There's a saying that says "The most horrible thing that can happen is when we are very hurry but God isn't". But I think otherwise. The most horrible thing that can happen is when God no longer bothers to let us wait for the best and gives us exactly what we asked for...

I always like to ask myself "What if..." but I gave up last night.
Simpily because it digs out memories which are to be forgotten to stay happier.
Maybe that's why I got fever?!
HAH. Who knows...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home