Saturday, February 04, 2006

Playing Drums

Guess what?! I'm playing drums for my service this week... Not too happy about it, more of nervous instead. You won't understand. The amount of stress on you as you play each beat, each drum roll. The drum set always seems so far from me. As if I can't reach them in time, or am I just LATE??

Arrrggghhh... Never mind. Will make it through no matter what. Many said we don't care about the music, the sound system and how the message was brought acrossed. Because we are in Worship. Not performing. But I really wonder if deep down, can a person be immune to all these external factors. I mean, even you are worshiping, your ears and eyes are still working, aren't they? So how can we possibly be not affected by them, at all?

Of course we can choose not to be too distracted by them, but we, in the first place WAS distracted. Cannot deny that we have the power to reject, but we can't reject 'suggestions' built up around us by others.[Rick Wrren said that...] We are suggested of different views every second.

Anyway, I'll do my very best to play well. I'll practise hard. Well, better don't say that it'll be my BEST, coz I will improve. But the efforts of practising will be respectable. At least God knows... I don't want to sit there and cry in the middle of playing like last time. Cry baby~ I'm going to smile at my own faults this time round.

And to my 'conductor', thanks a million for making your way down. For God, I'm on my way~

2 Comments:

At February 07, 2006 4:57 PM, Blogger Justus said...

You did pretty ok on Sunday laaaaa... Not as bad as i did on my first time i think. But then again i didn't have such a suave and good conductor to help me out hahaha... Anyway i think for me a pretty conductor would be much more effective ^ ^

Just relax more and enjoy the music that you are part of. You will be able to actually FEEL how the composer felt when he wrote the song, its really quite touching when you click with them. And you'll know how to play and when to cling clang bang :)

Remember, its one more way for us to communicate with our God. I really love playing for Him! And to lead others to Him through the music! Wish i could play the piano though... my biggest wish... ^ ^

 
At February 08, 2006 11:02 PM, Blogger CL said...

Yea man... I envy those who can play piano! Another aim, hmmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home