Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Heavenly Man

What's the closest you can do to make revival a reality? Through PRAYERS! And Unify is a small gathering the EFCs youths come together united in purpose, praying for revival. Let's seek God's mercy and grace fall upon us as we all call upon Him all at once~ You must come for this. Yes, YOU. You think only believers need to pray? Or only they can pray? Nope. Anyone can! Just as long you dail the right number to the right caller, you get through the line~ Amazing love our Lord has!! He accepts ANYONE, yes anyone, who prays sincerly.
[Saturday 27th May 2006, 7pm-9.30pm @ Covenant Evangelical Free Church. (10 Jelapang Road, S677740, Tel: 68926811) See you there yea~]

The more a person thinks he/she doesn't need to be close to God, the more they need to come before God in reverence. God says to fear Him! Have been reading a book called "The Heavenly Man" these few days. And I was so taken back by his testimony. WOW is my respond to many of his testimonies. How he could memorise the whole book of Mattew and Acts in his first year of faith?! *swallow hard -..-* That slapped me hard. So what if I have weak memory? Excuse for not memorising Scriptures? Help...

Although I'm rather conservative in the areas of unexplainable "coinsidences" that happens in lives, I was standing in awe how God works in China. (So different from how He work here in Singapore...) How He let His choosen people experience miracles one after another... Because of their extraordinary faith. That slapped me hard AGAIN why I haven't experience any yet. Because I was never prepared to see God do BIG things in my life! I was standing outside the room which hang "God's at work" on the door. Because I refused to enter, that was why I never experience??

You know how this dude know his wife? And how their first day of marriage was like? Because China was already a communist country when this person, Yun, started to evangelise. His work was so effective that he was on the "wanted" list by the government! (What pride~) He escaped lots of times after arrested. Then on the day they register for marriage, he was caught right on the spot. And his wife was asked to wait outside. She waited so long that she went home by herself that day... That was their first day of marriage. Days after that, she had to help him tear away christianity books and Bibles when their house was checked and recopying them word for word again. -.-" Respectable woman! Her faith helped him to go on. (Familiar? MI3...)

Btw, I FOUND MY CDs!! Both the oldies and the Psalty cd! And that means I have my wedding song~ Lalala... Hah. Let me share with you the lyrics:

I just wanna serve the Lord with you
Spending our lives, together
Standing on these promises in all we do
I just wanna serve the Lord with you

I look at you, and see your joy
From the morning untill day sets
With the passion you bring through everything
My beloved and my best friend

I just wanna serve the Lord with you
Spending our lives, together
Standing on these promises in all we do
I just wanna serve the Lord with you

Through your eyes, I see your heart
Tender and loving and kind
I am amazed as I got lost in your cares
And to feel your hand in mine

When the way is hard
You'll be there
To love me and cheer me up
We can do all things through Christ
He's our strength and He's our source

God has planned for us to stand
Together as husband and wife
May the vows we say
On our wedding day
Bring them throughout all our lives

I just wanna serve the Lord with you
Spending our lives, together
Standing on these promises in all we do
I just wanna serve the Lord with you

And you are not going to steal my wedding song are you? Don't you.. Super nice! I think I've changed alot these days. Especially for the past year. I hope this is a good change. Daddy always tells me, "You cannot decide you lifetime in just 5years, so start behaving like one who already committed years before your marriage." (when it comes to choosing of partner) How true. People who thinks that "I can go out with as many guys/girls as I want. I'm single. No committments YET. I can be as loose as I want to!" will find themselves still single ten years down the road. Because their lives were never prepared for that worth-staying person. They haven't prepare any room for that person to stay. So they'll miss out the chance for what God initially planned. Thus, not getting the Best. Now you see why restrictions and faithfulness goes hand in hand?

I hope I never again have to play the "Guessing Game".
I'll definately lose out.
So even before the game start, I want it out...

2 Comments:

At May 19, 2006 2:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At May 20, 2006 12:36 AM, Blogger CL said...

Told you and Joyce before I think~ You forgot lor...
Anyway, will be going with my church, so don't think can meet. But look forward to it! Has been such a loooonng time since we prayed together ehh~

Join force that day again in prayers! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home