Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Reporting from Thai

HI PEOPLE!!! Now at Ahka centre and guess what?! I'm a-l-o-n-e -..- Because I have to stay back and do project laaaaa... They all went out for lunch and to send Sam off to airport, he's coming back early. The weather condition here is rather cooling. Oh YA! The first morning at Ahka centre, my room flooded! Because the whole tap came off and the water flow continuously. Weiling and I were sleeping, and didn't know about it. Then that poor Cheryl has to hold on to the tape, trying to fix it for like 5mins?! That's enough to flood my room. When I finally heard the gushing water and woke up. All cheryl could say was, "Chengling jie jie, water gushing out" with the tap still in her hand. So I fast get off my bed. And the whole floor was wet! I wore socks at night, mind you... So, Weiling got Ah-pi-cha to help dry the ROOM. That's it.

Anyway, this time, this trip, I feel so different.(That's why I'll never grow tired of coming Ahka, it's always different!) With ZL around, we're always full. With YF around, there's always jokes. But what makes this trip significant to me is not all the fun and laughters we had. But how we see them, to touch them, to take photos with them, and to be part of their lives--- all these experiences only draw me nearer to God. How great is it to know our amaxing Lord! How great...

We dance, we sing, we perform, we pray, we had campfire, we had fireworks, we eat together, we play, we compete, we cheer... But the thing that makes all these meaningful is because when you know that something stays after the dance, song, skit, fun, jokes, dinner/supper, competitions. Something which can last eternity. Something which no one can take it away from us--- God's love as we love!

Although we were VERY unprepared, God's grace is sufficient to bring us through up till today! We had the most no. of kids at the Bible camp! 1st yr 51. 2nd yr 47. This yr: 54! And one more thing: They have grown to more unwieldy and we find ourselves more in place as we lead the Biblical camp this year. Glory to our Lord! Who are we without Him? Not even vapour in the air, I guess. Ah-san-mei cooked lunch for me! She said she put her heart into the maggi mee, and I have every bit of her heart in my tummy now! Hahaha... We shared. I hope time don't pass. And that I have more time to talk with them like that. Only if I don't have projects to rush...

Ah-pa-pon! She was a girl with little smile. WAS. But no longer now!! She's more comfortable with us I guess?? Now, at times, she's crazier than we are... Hahaha :x There's a new guy, a fantastic guitarist: Ri-nai. He's the best musician I see there so far. Like what Zhang Shimu says, you can feel the life in his music... This time, he went with us too! He's really a joker man. Ask ZL for more details of crazy things he did.

Many fell sick this time: Weiling, Uncle Benny, Me. At times YF and ZL too... Sore throat and feeling feverish. But I'm proud of our behaviour! We didn't pout. Show attitude or give a black face... I think we didn't have time to behave that way too! Hahaha, but you know Pastor's mother? She seldom want to come out of her room usually, but this time round, she joined us in almost every programme! She sat there in her wheel chair as we sing, perform, dance. Even when we play blind-folds, she was there to see too! And you know what? She joined us at the campfire and BBQ. That was the FIRST TIME she ever went to the grassland and we took photos with her... She smiles. Isn't that why we're here for? Target hit. Sickness can stop no one here!

There is only one bad news here. That's really saddening. But well, I can't post here. Come and ask me if you wanna know, k! Other than that, things are all well. Oh ya! 6are leaving centre next year march. I promised to give them my dad's and my number, so all they have to do is call, and help will come. One of them is David's sis, Pra-ni. I love her man... Saying about leaving, I recall what Na-li said before she delicate a song to us, "Time brings us together, time also seperates us." How true. So will you love time?

Each time I come, I feel it's better than the previous time. And as usual, I feel that way this time round. Better. Deeper into lives, more love and joy expressed both ways. You know why we enjoyed so much?! Because we're doing all these in the name of Charis! Our God is amazing. He really is.

So if you're taking your O's, going to work, or just slacking in front of your computers, always remember that we don't have to walk alone, Jesus will be right beside us. All the way! So Mel, Char and WJ espcially, JIAYOU!!! WW: My most sincere thanks to you. NYPians: You guys have been really understanding towards me and that I'm really blessed to have you guys backing me up, helping me so much with the projects piling up!
And to my Sheperd, "You've shown me mercy. KOP-PUN-KA. GER-LA-HER-MA. Love you." The all of my beloved, may you have a pleasant day.


GLORY TO THE LORD!



(I'll post some pics tonight. I'll try, k!)

4 Comments:

At November 07, 2006 10:36 PM, Blogger LQ said...

Great to hear frm U--- LIVE! Frm AKHA.

:) I miss them too.

 
At November 08, 2006 12:03 AM, Blogger Fion said...

woah!!!!! miss u all lots n loads n piles n.. lol..
take care of all of e ppl's health sia!!! everyone like sick la..
btw, help miie tell my sis i still miss her oh.. lol.. XD
i miss u oso la.. haha.. =X

 
At November 08, 2006 3:06 PM, Blogger CL said...

There's a new cheer for AH-PA-PON:

Ah-ah-ah-ah
Pom-pa-pom-pom-pa
Pom-pa-pom-pom-pa
Pom-pa-pom-pom-pa
Ah-pa-pon...

Get ZL and CM to sing to you guys when we get back k!

 
At November 10, 2006 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back!

yah already heard the cheer from ZL over the phone last night..funny..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home