Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Family, my Life~

I'm going to buy my dad a good pen with "Rev Chua" engraved. That will cost a bomb in my pocket but it's more than worth it. He has always jokingly complain that pastors deserve more than $0.90 ball-point pens in their shirt's pockets. Yes. People in front line of the battle should be given the best eqiuipments.

Thinking back, my parents are noble. They were more than parents. Sometimes they are my friend, at times my instructor whom I should lookup to as demostrators... Not forgeting the ATM part. As for my dad, it's so easy to get his money out of his pocket. All you need to do is to talk. Talk long enough, and you'll get it~ Hah. I'm proud of having "reachable-parents". You can tickle them and expect double dosage in return, you can complain all you want to them as they do their work and expect practical and theory solutions right on the spot, or you also can choose to slam the door and expect counselling sessions for the week... Whatever you do, there's bound to have some RESPOND.

In fact, the people I most want to be with when I'm stressed or fearful is to be with my family. Lots of times when I'm out with my friends, but see children with parents eating or shopping, I wished my parents were there, right on the spot, with me. With them around, I know, everything will be taken care of. I have a strong feeling that being with people close to God, you feel safe. Hmm, I don't really know how to explain this... But ya, I feel that way~

Thinking back, I hurt my parents quite alot. Especially my mum. I've never quarrelled with my dad before, as far as I define "quarrel"... Because he's forever forgetful and forgiving~ As for my mum, I remembered the two most heated quarrel:
1. Over a piece of bread
2. Over a missed call
That was really stupid. In my heart, I was screaming SORRY deep there but my mouth just won't speak. My heart says SORRY but my eyes pretended not to see her walk past each time. My pride caused long cold war. Never fight a war which you win nothing to win. Dumb me, proud me, studborn me.

My dad once told me that he treasures the family so much that he may one day die for us. I ask him, "Don't gek lor. You think you can give up Charis for us three??" He nods and go, "Um, ya, I will." That brought tears to my eyes. (Yea yea, I cry very easily...) But you know how much is the appreciation to hear from someone you dear that he can die for you? That once again assures me, I'm not lacking in love! How much more can I ask for? That's why I don't bother to find bf yet... Maybe until my parents love me lesser?! Haha~

But the sermon last week hit me hard. How much have I been thankful for my family and how much effort have I put in to do my part? I realised that the only person whom I felt comfortable sleeping with is my brother. Hmm, interesting find-out during the past week when my parents went overseas~ Maybe coz he snores? Or is it that he's fat and huggable enough in replacement of my boaster?? I washed my feet and got up to bed, and very seldom I would want to get down my bed anymore. But his fat face made me put $3 into his pencil case that day. And I had to wash my feet again...

What more do I have to say about my grandparents? Whatever my parents wouldn't do for me, they will. Like:
-Make my bed
-Make breakfast for me
-Wake me up
-Bring textbooks for me to school
-Wash my socks
-Ask me to watch nice shows
And the list goes on~ If my parents were angels, they are the angels' parents (of coz laa...) whom have imparted those values in them to do right. If my parents run a business, they are the main investors who invested their lives as capital to let them progress and go to the next step.

And who am I then?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home