Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It's the inside thing :)

Haha, glad that he's attached. "Phew" is the discription. Finaaallly~ :)

Anyway, now I know a little about inner peace. Inner joy. That's when what's beside you fail, you can still be happy, bearing in mind that God's all that matter. Human beings fail us, always. So there's no point being too affected by people around us... Colossians 3:23 tells us how we should live, in what perspective at least. Leave your mark on the world today! BUT. Dun expect any recognition from man. When you're doing what's pleasing to Him, usually you're doing something unpleasing to man. But dun worry, your inner man will keep you doing what's pleasing in God's eyes.

Something I'm always reminded of. The day when Jesus was judged before Pilate. He remained silent. And do you know that in fact, Pilate was threathened by the simple fact that Jesus refused to speak? He didn't need to react to those insults and what people have to say about Him because He knows who He was - Son of God. Strength is found in gentleness. And gentleness is to handle hurt without retaliating, accept blow without striking back. Well, I learned abit in this area... The harder way~ Patton said this: "Never fight a battle when you won't gain anything by winning."

Get this line, it's classic: "I don't want him to decide how I'm going to respond." That's gentleness, that's strength under control. That's choosing to be an actor rather than a reactor. Rick Warren said: "Anger is a warning sign that tells you you are about to lose something, often your self-esteem." How true! Proverbs 15:1 is the way man~

The more I read the Bible, spiritual books, sermons' notes, the more I realise how far am I from God's standard, BUT! I always feel nearer to Him. Can you understand? Further from His standard, but nearer to He Himself. What's more worth it than being under His wings? Safest place, remember...

Just dun let me run out. I want to be in there, the whole of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home