Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Internet cafe in Thailand

There are lots of things that I've long wanted to blog, but always didn't have a chance to. Not because there're not enough internet cafes, but because I can't blog with people around. Don't ask why, I don't know. Maybe should rattle a few things here?

Everything's fine. Can see that God's servants are faithfully doing God's work. There's something I learnt today. That is, it isn't a bad thing even if children of God evangelise with wrong intention. I've always thought that when you evangelise, the intention in you counts. But nope. Although you may not get the rewards deserved, but the Spirit still works in with you because we are not worthy enough to affect another's salvation. And I've been reading Rick Warren's book: The power to change your life, in this trip. Usually before sleep. Books always make me feel sleepy, but not this one. The more I read, the more my mind whirls and think! [I'm more assured I want to marry his son... Opps!] He was talking about the Spirit of Fruit and the nine "flavours" in the fruit. Three of the "flavours": Patience, Kindness and Love.

I did said that I really dislike waiting. Rick Warren really stabbed ny studborn and self-centred heart completely. His bullets left no room for any excuses or even reasons to be impatient. He says that patience is the BASIC of christian life. We are always waiting. Waiting for what we sow to reap. in is time! He says that the most terrible wait is when we are in a hurry and when God is taking His own sweet time. AGREE! It's a torture to me man! But I start enjoying waiting, but must be worthwhile laaa...

Kindness. An important homework I learnt is: what the most unkind people need is kindness. And kindness makes a person looks dumb many a times, I like the example he gave to describe a kind father. He looks silly to be excited to see a caterpillar crawling, when he sees his son amazed over that little creatuire. Pretending to be excited and rejoy with his children makes him a kind dad. I have a very kind dad. Each time he talks to my bro in children language, he looks super dumb, but kindly dumb. Can you find people who are willing to be kibdly dumb just to share what people around them feel? Rick Warren says they are pieces of gold, rare and precious.

Next Love. He says we do not have to like everyone around us, but we have to LOVE them. Yes, he's trying to be funny. One more thing he said went into my head is that we cannot say we're "falling in love". That's a irresposible statement. He says that love is a choice, and it is controllable. People find it uncontrollable because they don't the reason why they love certain thing, people, or food?! But that doesn't mean we're out of the control in love. "Falling" gives an idea that the person has no choice and is in no control when they fall. So, it's not a responsible statement. You get it? We walk into love, willingly. Not fall in love.

Ok, gotta go NOW. Dad has been spying from afar seems he's freezing in MacDonalds. I'm definately going to write more when I reach home. Watch out, I'll be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home